Well, Thanksgiving will soon be here, and that starts the season of holiday get togethers, candy at the office, more lunches and dinners out, more traveling for some and vacations and of course, more stress than normal.
Remember, the average weight gain over the Holiday season is 6-8
pounds! Wouldn’t it be great to fall below the average?
There are a few important things you must remember during the Holiday season…..
Ok. So let’s go over a few strategies that will help you get through this tempting time.
1. Seek Support! Through your family, friends, your trainer, health coach, internet support groups, or clubs.
2. If you are on the Take Shape for Life program, don’t make exceptions during the holidays. Stick with it and choose to get in shape and get healthy.
3. don’t skip a meal
4. choose healthy snacks such as celery, boullion, or dill pickle and no starchy vegetables
5. Eat 5-6 low glycemic, low cal meals throughout the day to keep your blood sugar in check and your stomach happy
6. Remember that Alcohol has empty calories and lots of them!
7. Ask for sparkling water and lime instead of beer and wine
8. If there is a special holiday food that you will feel deprived of, if you don’t have…then take one or two bites-just a taste and you will be surprised how satisfying it is.
9. Eat more of the salads and green veggies at a dinner party and make the meat a “side dish”
10. Peanut butter and cheese are too full of fat calories!!
11. No Popcorn when you go to the movies. It is cooked in oil and not a healthy choice. Instead, bring along a protein bar or celery to munch on.
12. Don’t serve family meals family-style. Keep pots and dishes away from the table where it’s all too easy to go for seconds!
13. Learn to “eyeball” the proper serving size that is right for you and stick to them when dining out or dishing up meals.
14. Eat healthy fast foods…such as Medifast low glycemic and low calorie meals!! Don’t leave home without it!
15. Physical activity is a good way to burn calories and it makes you feel great before going to a party, and remember to drink a shake on your way out the door!
16. Use your time shopping at the mall to get some extra exercise in…park away from the entrance and walk with stomach muscles tight throughout your shopping spree.
17. Have Fun!!!! Become great at mingling…Become the life of the party!!!